In the Republic of Uzbekistan, large-scale work is being carried out aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle in society, creating modern conditions for regular youth physical education and sports, through sport strengthening self-confidence in young people and aidea of patriotism,including, on a systematic basis, the identification and selection of talented young athletes, as well as the further development of phisical culture and sports.
On August 10, 2017, President of the Republic of Uzbekistan ShavkatMirziyoyev received the President of the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) Cho Chung Won. During the meeting, issues of expanding bilateral cooperation, the regular holding of major international tournaments in Uzbekistan, and the participation of the World Federation in organizing the activities of the faculty for Taekwondo initiated by the head of our state at the National University of Uzbekistan were discussed.
According to the results of the bilateral meeting, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan signed a resolution “On the organization of the faculty of Taekwondo and sports activities in the structure of the National University of Uzbekistan named after MirzoUlugbek” dated November 16, 2017 No. 3390 .On August 8, 2018, the faculty of "Taekwondo and sports activities" was formed in the structure of the National University of Uzbekistan. The main goal of the resolution is the further development of Taekwondo (WTF) and the improvement of the system of training highly qualified sports personnel.
Formation of a person’s worldview and culture with a civil position, moral qualities, sense of responsibility, decision-making autonomy, initiative, tolerance, the ability to successfully socialize in society, the ability to use various forms and means of physical culture and sports not only in sports activities, but in everyday life, to preserve and strengthen their health and the health of their loved ones, family and workforce for a quality life and an effective professional activities.
Priority tasks of the faculty
"Taekwondo and sports activities"
- training of highly qualified trainers and teachers who have mastered the methods of theoretical and practical training in taekwondo WTF;
- development of modern tuition programs and methods oriented on preparation of professional sportsmen;inolvement in the learning process using advanced international experience in training in the field of highly qualified domestic and foreign practitioners and trainers;inolvement in the learning process using advanced international experience in training in the field of highly qualified domestic and foreign practitioners and trainers;
- development of modern tuition programs and methods oriented on preparation of professional sportsmen;
- conduction of deep scientific researches oriented on adaptation of innovational methods in all levels of tuition and preparation;
- comprehensive consolidation and development of existing educational-methodical material-technical base, adaption of pedagogical technology modern technical way of teaching providing qualitative new level of preparation of sportsmen into educational process;
- Development students’ level of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in creation of methods of healthy life.
Educational courses of faculty.
•5610518 – Athletic operation of Taekwondo (WTF)
•5610700 – Organization and management of sports events.
•5610700 – Organization and management of sports events (extramural education)
Totally 75 students in 2018/2019 learning years are being educated in three directions of this faculty.
Nowadays 2 departments are functioning at this faculty (“Taekwondo and athletic operations” and “Physical activities and sport”)
Term of education in undergraduate degree is 4 years. Lessons are conducted in Uzbek Russian and Korean languages.
These days, we actively support and develop relation of physical activities and sport with the most popular universities as:
- Siberian State University of physical activities (Omsk)
- Chuvash State Academy of agriculture (Cheboksary)
- Yaroslavl State Academy of agriculture (Yaroslavl)
- MSU named after Lomonosov Moscow
- “Dankook” University (South Korea)
- Yongin” University (South Korea)
There are 20 types of sport existing and functioning development of Taekwondo (WTF), volleyball (male and female), football, kurash, chest, armrestling, swimming, mini-football, handball, basketball (male and female), track-and-field athletics, table tennis, Greek-roman fighting and so on.
It goes without saying that our faculty’s students are winners of different competitions as Asian games, World and Asian championship and championship of Uzbekistan.
Achieved rewards of students of taekwondo and sport activity faculty of National University named after Mirzo Ulugbek
In September 6-10 in Atrau, the city of Kazakhstan, was held the first Asian open championship of Taekwondo WTF. More than 800 sportsmen of 17 countries took part in it. Students from the group - 101 of “Taekwondo and sport activities faculty” of National University participated with Olympic sportsmen and presented our Motherland. For instance, Tusmatov Shakhboz Rasulovich was awarded with a silver medal in 68 kg weight category, moreover, Boboyev Sukhrob Nodirovich also gained the same medal in 58 kg weight category.
At the championship of Uzbekistan, held on September 24-25 in Tashkent Majestic Palace, the National University of Uzbekistan named after Mirzo Ulugbek faculty of taekwondo and sport activities, students of group 101 of Taekwondo WTF direction, Isroilov Ikrom Bahodirovich was awarded in 80 kg weight category with a gold medal and Bahromov Muhammadjon Ahmatovich took the highest place in the 58kg weight category.
From September 26 to October 3, 2018 in the city of Lyvov, Ukraine, has taken place the World Cup championship in checker, where 46 athletes from six countries participated. Hasanova Sarvinoz Tulkinjonovna, a student of 102 group of the faculty of "Taekwondo and sport activities" of the National University of Uzbekistan, won the honorable title and took the 2nd place.
On October 1-3, 2018, the Asian Championship in Combat Aikido sports was held in Turkistan, the Republic of Kazakhstan, including 60 athletes from 5 countries. A student of 103 group of the faculty of "Taekwondo and Sport activities" of the National University named after Mirzo Ulugbek, Olimov Amirbek Akhmadjonovich, deserved the respect of Uzbekistan, and in the weight category up to 67 kg among adults took the first place.